Were you injured in an automobile accident?
Driving a car is a privilege. All drivers have a legal obligation to every other person on the road, including drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians, to drive safely.
When an accident that results in serious injury is caused by negligent, distracted or drunk driving, the injured party has the right to make a claim. In New York State, our Legislature recognized years ago that accidents due to negligence are a fact of life, so all motor vehicle owners are required to carry liability insurance in specified minimum limits, as well as No-Fault Insurance to cover certain medical, wage loss and out-of-pocket expenses.
When a legal claim is made by the Lynn Law Firm, every effort is made to ascertain available limits of insurance coverage, and pursue a maximum recovery on behalf of our clients. Insurance companies know that when they do not offer a fair settlement, we have a history of taking automobile cases to trial. Many firms who handle automobile accident cases do not try cases when necessary, do not have attorneys actively involved in case management, and may try to force quick and grossly inadequate settlements. The attorneys at the Lynn Law Firm do not, and take pride in litigating these cases to a fair settlement or trial by jury.
Over the past 50 years, the attorneys at the Lynn Law Firm have recovered millions of dollars for persons injured in automobile accidents, from the more routine rear-end collision, to the tragic reckless driving fatality. Some of these cases have had unique facts, with more complex evidentiary challenges. The Lynn Law Firm attorneys are well-experienced to meet any such challenges, and have amassed experienced and qualified experts to assist where needed. Such cases have included reckless driving, Dram Shop lawsuits against bars and restaurants that served intoxicated patrons who subsequently caused motor vehicle accidents, construction vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, tractor trailer accidents, snow plow accidents, accidents involving police and rescue vehicles, accidents due in part to improper road design, signage or traffic control devices, school bus accidents and pedestrian-vehicle accidents of every variety.
Examples of Resolved Cases
- $3,500,000 for a couple injured in a head-on collision.
- $1,800,000 for a woman who suffered the traumatic amputation of her lower right leg in a recreational vehicle/tractor trailer accident.
- $1,200,000 for a plaintiff-passenger who suffered a brain injury in a motor vehicle involved in a collision with a tractor trailer.
- $740,000 for a plaintiff-pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle.
- $279,000 for a plaintiff-passenger in a motor vehicle accident.
- $800,000 for wrongful death of an elderly couple hit by an overloaded construction vehicle.
- $1,000,000 for a passenger in a motor vehicle hit by a milk tanker truck.
- $2,500,000 for a young mother of three children who suffered brain injuries in a collision with a tractor trailer.
- $2,200,000 for an elderly gentleman who suffered a closed-head injury when struck by a commercial vehicle.
- $8,200,000 jury verdict for a pedestrian who suffered an amputation as a result of an automobile accident.
- $1,300,000 for a pedestrian seriously injured in a hit-and-run collision.
- $2,900,000 for a young woman and a mother of three injured in a pedestrian/bus accident.
- $1,650,000 for a woman injured in an automobile accident.
- $7,600,000 for a young working man who suffered a traumatic amputation and other serious injuries in an automobile accident.
- $700,000 for the Estate of a young woman who was struck by a Sheriff’s patrol vehicle.
- $4,700,000 for injuries to an expectant mother involved in a motor vehicle accident that caused premature birth, leading to developmental delays in the infant.
- $1,200,000 for the Estate of a man killed after striking tractor trailer that was backing into a driveway and blocking roadway.
- $400,000 for the Estate of a woman killed after running into the back of a snowplow.
- $425,000 for a teenage boy struck by a car while rollerblading.
- $3,500,000 for a couple struck head-on by another vehicle, resulting in multiple injuries.
- $875,000 for a tow truck driver who suffered spinal injuries as a result of being struck by a vehicle while working in the roadway.
- $750,000 for a man struck by a commercial vehicle while he was inspecting his car after a minor accident.
- $755,000 for a passenger in a car involved in a rollover accident.
- $1,100,000 for a man who suffered back and neck injuries caused by an unsafe lane change.