Examples of Representative Cases
The Lynn Law Firm has recovered some of the largest verdicts and settlements in the region for injured clients. Below is a list of just a few of our cases.
Automobile and Truck Accidents
- $3,500,000 recovery by a couple injured in a head-on collision.
- $1,800,000 recovery by a woman who suffered the traumatic amputation of her lower right leg in a recreational vehicle/tractor trailer accident.
- $1,200,000 recovery by a plaintiff passenger who suffered a brain injury in a motor vehicle involved in a collision with a tractor trailer.
- $740,000 recovery by a plaintiff pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle.
- $279,000 recovery by a plaintiff passenger in a motor vehicle accident.
- $800,000 recovery for wrongful death of an elderly couple hit by an overloaded construction vehicle.
- $1,000,000 recovery for a passenger in a motor vehicle hit by a milk tanker truck.
- $2,500,000 recovery by a young mother of three children who suffered brain injuries in a collision with a tractor trailer.
- $2,200,000 recovery by an elderly gentleman who suffered a closed-head injury when struck by a commercial vehicle.
- $8,200,000 verdict in favor of a pedestrian who suffered an amputation as a result of an automobile accident.
- $1,300,000 recovery by a pedestrian seriously injured in a hit-and-run collision.
- $2,900,000 recovery by a young woman and a mother of three injured in a pedestrian/bus accident.
- $1,650,000 recovery by a woman injured in an automobile accident.
- $7,600,000 recovery by a young working man who suffered a traumatic amputation and other serious injuries in an automobile accident.
- $700,000 recovery by the Estate of a young woman who was struck by a Sheriff’s patrol vehicle.
- $4,700,000 settlement in favor of an expectant mother involved in a car accident that caused a premature birth leading to developmental delay in the infant. The mother also suffered injuries.
- $1,200,000 recovery by the Estate of a man killed after striking a tractor trailer that was backing into a driveway and blocking the roadway.
- $400,000 recovery by the Estate of a woman killed after running into the back of a snowplow.
- $425,000 settlement in the case of a teenage boy struck by a car while rollerblading.
- $3,500,000 settlement in the case of a couple struck head on by another vehicle, resulting in multiple injuries.
- $875,000 settlement in favor of a tow truck driver struck by a vehicle while working in the roadway. The tow truck driver suffered a spinal injury.
- $750,000 settlement in favor of a man struck by a commercial vehicle while he was inspecting his car after a minor accident.
- $755,000 settlement in the case of a car passenger involved in a rollover accident.
- $1,100,000 recovery for back and neck injuries caused by an unsafe lane change.
- $645,000 recovery for a worker with a broken leg suffered in a fall from a scaffold.
- $312,500 recovery by a 39-year-old foreman injured in a fall who sustained internal injuries.
- $729,000 recovery by a 39-year-old teacher injured while volunteering at a school dance, when a bungee from an inflatable bungee run broke loose and struck her in the eye.
- $1,350,000 settlement received by an electrician involved in a worksite accident due to a defectively maintained and designed electrical junction box.
- $755,425 verdict awarded to a laborer injured during demolition.
- $1,200,000 awarded to the Estate of a municipal worker injured when a compactor/roller overturned during operation on a roadway, crushing and killing him.
- $1,600,000 verdict in favor of an electrician injured in a fall from a sports stadium during the course of a renovation. He sustained multiple fractures and spinal injuries.
- $1,500,000 recovery by a firefighter injured when a silo collapsed during demolition activities concurrent with fire fighting to address a fire within the silo.
- $1,570,000 recovery by a volunteer firefighter who suffered an injured back when a silo collapsed during demolition activities concurrent with fire fighting to address a fire within the silo.
- $2,200,000 recovery by a 45-year-old painter who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a fall down the stairs to a restaurant restroom.
- $1,500,000 recovery by the Estate of a graduate student murdered by a maintenance worker in off-campus student housing.
- $275,000 recovery in a dog bite case.
- $750,000 recovery in a lead paint case.
- $825,000 recovery by a plaintiff mother in a trailer fire case, on behalf of her injured and deceased children.
- $9,000,000 verdict in favor of a woman who suffered an above-the-knee amputation in a pedestrian/automobile accident in a parking garage.
- $250,000 recovery by a 30-year-old Sheriff”s Deputy injured while responding to a fire at an apartment complex. He suffered a closed-head injury while attempting to climb a balcony to enter the apartment.
- $1,300,000 recovery by the Estate of parents murdered by their son, who had escaped from a psychiatric ward.
- $850,000 recovery by the Estate of a woman murdered while she was an in-patient at a hospital.
- $250,000 settlement in favor of a victim struck in the head by a flashlight while at a fire rescue.
- $690,000 settlement in favor of a victim who suffered a closed head injury following a fall down the stairs in a bar.
- $2,200,000 recovery for a restaurant patron who fell down stairs that had a defective handrail. The patron suffered brain damage as a result.
- $325,000 settlement for an explosion at a paper mill caused by an industrial steam kettle failure.
- $1,120,000 settlement for a closed head injury caused by a compression fitting failure.
- $375,000 settlement for an injury to a forehand caused by a chopsaw in an industrial setting.
- $3,750,000 settlement for brain injuries caused by an attachment on a pick-up truck in a motor vehicle accident.
- $725,000 recovery for a propane explosion due to a ruptured propane hose during filling operations at a residence.
- $1,500,000 settlement for a scalp degloving injury caused by a hay baler.
- $1,350,000 settlement for burn injuries caused by a malfunctioning toaster oven.
- $1,400,000 settlement for brain injuries caused by an attachment on a pick-up truck in a motor vehicle accident.
- $1,000,000 recovery for the wrongful death of a young man injured when his motorcycle struck a flat bed truck that was obstructing the highway.
- $2,550,000 verdict in favor of a man operating a motor scooter who suffered an above-the-knee amputation when struck by a car.
- $325,000 recovery by a victim of food poisoning.
- $975,000 recovery by a victim of burns sustained during gynecological surgery.
- $515,000 verdict in favor of a pedestrian injured when a wheel forcibly separated from a turning vehicle, striking him in the knee. The car had recently been serviced at a national chain shop and the wheel’s lug nuts had not been tightened.
- $1,700,000 verdict in favor of a boy injured in a grain augur accident.
- $250,000 recovery by the Estate of an elderly gentleman who died as a result of delayed response and negligent care by an ambulance company.
- $6,845,000 recovery for a victim of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attack in New York City.
- $2,200,000 recovery for a victim of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attack in New York City.
- $1,117,610 verdict in favor of a husband and wife as a result of injuries sustained by the husband in a fall.
- $1,800,000 verdict against a power company in favor of the Estate of a man who was electrocuted.
- $1,220,000 settlement received by the Estate of a welder killed in a construction site accident when pipe fittings malfunctioned during pressure testing.
- $900,000 recovery by the family of a deceased mother injured in a fall at a nursing home.