The Lynn Law Firm offers unique antitrust experience and value.
Kelsey Shannon joined the firm in 2017 from the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice, where he was a Trial Attorney in the Litigation III section. Before joining the DOJ, he represented corporate clients in antitrust and other matters as an associate at Cleary Gottlieb & Paul Hastings.
Today, Kelsey is the rare experienced and respected antitrust practitioner operating outside big law firms. This experience is joined to the Lynn Law Firm's pre-eminent trial and litigation ability.
Highlights of Kelsey's antitrust experience include:
* Represented the United States in the successful trial blocking Electrolux's acquisition of General Electric's appliances business (D.D.C.)
* Lead attorney for United States in civil contempt action American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers resulting in $1.75 million fine (S.D.N.Y.)
* Represented the United States in litigation against attempted acquisition of Monsanto's Precision Planting Division by John Deere (N.D. Ill.)
* Represented LG Display in long-running civil and criminal litigation relating to alleged price-fixing of LCD panels (N.D. Cal., W.D. Wash.)
* Represented glass manufacturer in civil litigation relating to alleged price-fixing (E.D. Pa.)
* Obtained dismissal of claims against carbon fiber manufacturer relating to alleged price-fixing (C.D. Cal.)
* Represented medical device manufacturer in antitrust and patent dispute suit (D. Del.)
Kelsey has also published widely on antitrust issues, including:
* Contributor to Proving Antitrust Damages (ABA 2017)
* Obama's Overlooked Antitrust Legacy (Law360 Aug. 18, 2017)
* The Trial Against General Electric's Sale of Its Appliance Business to AB Electrolux (ABA The Threshold Mar. 2016)
* Monday Morning Quaterbacking and Antitrust Damages (Law360 Jan. 10, 2014)
* Component Cartels: Who Can Sue in N.D. Calif.? (Law360 Sept. 5, 2013)